Prepare for the Beginning Of a New Year at UU Santa Fe
Our new church fiscal year begins July 1. Our annual meeting will be on Sunday, May 20, after the second service. At this meeting we will hear a “state of the congregation” address by the Board of Trustees and the Interim Faith Development Director.
During the business meeting we will vote on the following proposals:
- The Nominating Committee will present its slate of candidates for leadership positions,
- The Stewardship Committee will present the proposed budget for the coming year,
- The Permanent Endowment Fund will ask for approval of selected grants,
- The Board will request approval of revisions to the bylaws, and
- The Immigration Task Force will seek approval to begin a discernment process to determine if our facility could be used as a sanctuary if needed.
Don’t forget to bring finger food on May 20 so we can grab a bite between the service and the meeting.
The following “town hall” meetings will be held prior to the annual meeting. Board members and committee members will be present to provide background and answer questions. All meetings are after the second service in Fogelson Hall except for the final review of the Immigration Task Force proposal.
- Sunday, April 29: review and discussion of revisions to the by laws.
- Sunday, May 6: review of Immigration Task Force proposal
- Sunday, May 13: review of proposed budget, slate of candidates, and PEF grants.
- Monday May 14: review of Immigration Task Force proposal, Fellowship Hall 6:00pm