Adult Lifelong Learning | Right Relationship With Self
Come and be made whole.
Action without thought is empty. Thought without action is blind. ― Kwame Nkrumah
A Life of Sacred Purpose
What We Offer
We commit to lifelong learning and spiritual practice that enriches our lives and those around us. We offer balanced content and spiritual practices from the world's great religions and wisdom traditions, informed by our distinct Unitarian Universalist perspective. Throughout the year, we may offer this content in various formats such as workshop, retreat, forum, discussion group, etc.
NEW!! Beacon Press Book Discussion Group
Undocumented: How Immigration Became Illegal, by Aviva Chomsky
- Dates: 4 Sessions Aug 26 | Sep 9 & 23, 6 PM, in the UU Santa Fe Library
- Facilitated by Sherry Kraemer
- Sponsored by Adult Lifelong Learning and the SJ Immigration Team
- Registration not necessary
- Study Guide, click here
Immigrant rights activist Aviva Chomsky shows how "illegality" and "undocumentedness" are concepts that were created to exclude and exploit. With a focus on US policy, she probes how and why people, especially Mexican and Central Americans, have been assigned this status—and to what ends. Blending history with human drama, Chomsky explores what it means to be undocumented in a legal, social, economic, and historical context. She also unmasks how undocumented people live—how they work, what social services they're eligible for, and how being undocumented affects the lives of children and families. Undocumented turns a fresh lens onto one of today's most pressing debates.
Part of Refresh! An evening of Potluck • Family Activities • Music • Adult Small Group Learning • Beginning at 5 PM
- UU Wellspring – Unitarian Universalism
- Inviting U In – Unitarian Universalism
- Our Faith Journey – spirituality
- Waking Up White – race relations
- The Fire This Time – race relations
- Dilemma: Nuclear Waste – environmental spirituality
- Plastic | Bag It – environmental spirituality
- Earth Honoring Hope – evolutionary theology
- Refresh! – a multigenerational event on the first and third Sundays of the month beginning at 5 PM including supper, family activities, music, and adult lifelong learning
- Beacon Press Book Discussion Group leading with Undocumented by Aviva Chomsky
- Enlightenment NOW by Steven Pinker
- Sabbath by Wayne Muller
- Ageing & Sageing
- The Tao of Mary Oliver
- Daring Democracy by Frances Moore Lappe & Adam Eichen
- Soul Matters
- Crossing Paths – a multigen interfaith offering
We welcome all persons, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin; gender or gender identification, affectional preference or sexual orientation; age, physical or mental challenge; or social, economic, or marital status. Come, there is a place for you here.
Come, open to be moved. Come, be held in mutual embrace.
Come, engage the world. Come and be made whole.