Interfaith Shelter Service Sign Up Begins
UU Santa Fe’s first week at the Interfaith Shelter will begin Sunday, November 5, and run through Saturday, November 11. We will start signing up on October 8 and continue through the next 3 weeks. If you are interested in helping Kris Yankowski with the sign up please contact her.
Money is being raised for the Frito Pie nights at the Interfaith Shelter hosted by UU youth by selling burritos and baked goods. The burrito’s ($5) and baked goods ($1) will be sold October 15. We raised $285 on the first weekend of burrito/baked goods sale in September!
Tentative dates of a Shelter Art Show at UU Santa Fe are March 3 - May 5, 2018. We will have a drive for art supplies and frames for the participants in November and December. If you would like to help please contact Kris.
ShelterNOW has received a grant and we are waiting for more information about UU Santa Fe’s participation in the ShelterNOW program this year.
Interfaith Community Shelter: Donation Information
We are truly grateful for the generosity and spirit of giving from donors wanting to help homeless families and individuals who need shelter. The Interfaith Community Shelter (formerly “Pete’s Pets”) is located at 2801 Cerrillos Road. The Interfaith Community Shelter Program is funded by the City of Santa Fe, the Frost Foundation, other foundations, and members of religious/spiritual groups in Santa Fe.
Donations are encouraged at the following site:
Food: The Shelter opens for volunteers from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily. One can bring prepared food and supplies to the Shelter at that time. The Shelter works closely with the FOOD DEPOT (1222 Siler Road, Phone: 471-1633), who also welcome funds, food and paper goods. The Food Depot supplies the IFC with milk, fruit, bread and butter, and dessert every week.
Food Most Needed:
- Cereal at breakfast and soups/stews at dinner
- Canned, bottled or small boxed juices -esp. apple juice- that don’t need refrigeration
- Large cans of DECAFFEINATED (only) coffee
- Hot chocolate packets, tea bags
Kitchen supplies Needed:
- Disposable serving plates, styrofoam bowls, plasticware (forks, knives, spoons), hot & cold cups
- Rubber gloves for serving food (preferably non-latex)
- 33-gallon size plastic garbage bags
- 1-or 2-gallon size clear plastic bags with zippers for storing food
- Paper towels, toilet paper, napkins
- Masking tape, ballpoint and Sharpie pens for labelling food for storage
Clothing, etc. Gently-used men’s & women’s clothing:
- Jackets/coats, sweaters, sweatshirts, trousers, jeans
- Tube socks/new underwear (men’s/ladies’ - all sizes)
- Hats, gloves, scarves, boots (mens’/ladies’ - all sizes)
- Toothbrushes, tooth paste, razors, combs, shampoo/lotion, travel kits
- Sleeping bags