- There was once a beautiful planet
- With turquoise seas, emerald forests and skies of blue,
- And of this planet were born living creatures.
- And everything was clean and new
- Until something happened.
- A new creature standing on two feet appeared.
- He had a new thing called intelligence,
- He became master of all the other creatures.
- He began building houses to live in,
- Bridges to cross rivers never crossed before.
- And slowly he started wrecking the beautiful countryside.
- Until one day, the beautiful planet was no more home to man.
- And it returned to its beautiful old self after a while;
- Peaceful, clean and beautiful.
- It seemed as if man was just
- A passing thing.
- From the Children’s State of the World Handbook – by Ellen, from Belgium
- Can we walk on our beautiful earth and leave it beautiful?
Sunday Services are 8:30 a.m. in the library and 10:30 a.m. in the sanctuary unless otherwise noted. Nursery care, children’s and youth classes are concurrent with the 10:30 service.
Earth Day ~ Earth-Honoring Faith: Journey of the Universe ~ Rev. Larry Rasmussen
Jesus' Parable of the Wineskins in Luke 5:36-39 might have been taught on a hillside yesterday. We have new wine but we're using the old wineskins. According to the parable, that does not bode well. So what do we do? Professor Larry Rasmussen invites us to consider how to change our culture to accommodate the climate crisis and why we should.
View us on YouTube! Click on the video to see the most recent Sunday service, or click on the YouTube icon to visit the UU Santa Fe YouTube channel, where previous services are available. You can give our services a thumbs up or a thumbs down and add your own comments. If you like our videos you can Subscribe to see all our past services.