- The really interesting things happened 12 billon years ago
- This is nothing at all.
- Nothing more than the moon’s reflection sprawled
- Across a rippled pond, a physical
- manifestation of something distant. Meanwhile the universe
- Spreads and thins. One day it will likely reverse
- itself, collapse, coerced
- By gravity, but for now, I wait, wonder
- about antimatter, the forces that tear stars asunder,
- the astounding number
- of photons trapped in black holes, particles freezing
- in deep space. Everything cools –
- no time to question the wisdom of breathing.
- Mary Zoll in How We Are Called
I read recently that wonder displaces anxiety, fear and cynicism. It’s a worth a try. What fills you with wonder?
Sunday Services are 8:30 a.m. in the library and 10:30 a.m. in the sanctuary unless otherwise noted. Nursery care, children’s and youth classes are concurrent with the 10:30 service.
Don’t Panic ~ Rev. Gail Marriner
The service this morning will explore various spiritual and practical strategies for countering panic and “limbic hijack.” These range from the dark glasses described in the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, to deep breaths, encountering wonder, and working in community.
View us on YouTube! Click on the video to see the most recent Sunday service, or click on the YouTube icon to visit the UU Santa Fe YouTube channel, where previous services are available. You can give our services a thumbs up or a thumbs down and add your own comments. If you like our videos you can Subscribe to see all our past services.