- Blessed be all the ordinary days.
- Blessed be the laundry, and the homework, the legos on the floor and the trips to the doctor.
- Blessed be the cuddles and the arguments and the outgrown clothes.
- Blessed be the bickering and the laughter,
- And all the forgotten moments that accumulate
- like dust bunnies and lost socks under the bed.
- Blessed be mealtimes and bedtimes and all of the other unremarkable moments that make up the greater part of our lives.
- Blessed be the emails and the phone calls, the photos and the skyped conversations that keep us connected even when we are far apart.
- Blessed be the day to day tasks and rituals that weave the bonds of trust and affection that cradle our family in good times and in bad.
- May our family be blessed in our going out and in our coming in and in our abiding.
- May patience and respect and a sense of humor dwell with us.
- May affection and forgiveness grow from the familiar patterns of our days.
- May we surround each other with kindness and with love.
- And from time to time may we glimpse that shimmer of the holy that gilds our
- every ordinary day.
- Rev. Gail - May 13
Sunday Services are 8:30 a.m. in the library and 10:30 a.m. in the sanctuary unless otherwise noted. Nursery care, children’s and youth classes are concurrent with the 10:30 service.
The Fire Sermon ~ Rev Gary Kowalski
Our guest speaker this morning, Reverend Gary Kowalski, is a lifelong Unitarian Universalist who has served congregations in Vermont, North Carolina, Washington and Massachusetts, and who was our own interim minister some years back. Since moving to Northern New Mexico, he has been working as a volunteer firefighter with Hondo Volunteer Fire & Rescue in Santa Fe County. First Responders deal daily with tragedy and chaos, while also witnessing firsthand glimpses of altruism and courage you find only on emergency scenes. This morning he shares a few of the life lessons he has learned from the end of a high pressure nozzle. Gary's remarks this morning are excerpted from his new book Old Men and Fire: Parables from a Volunteer Firehouse, now available on Amazon with all proceeds benefiting his fire company
View us on YouTube! Click on the video to see the most recent Sunday service, or click on the YouTube icon to visit the UU Santa Fe YouTube channel, where previous services are available. You can give our services a thumbs up or a thumbs down and add your own comments. If you like our videos you can Subscribe to see all our past services.
"Spirit of Life: Finding the Holy in Chicks"